The Chicago Association of REALTORS® Foundation is a 501(c) 3 charitable organization that provides REALTORS® with educational scholarships to enhance their businesses and professionalism, fosters careers in real estate, and engages in charitable giving related to the real estate industry and housing in the Chicagoland community.
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® Foundation supports safe, affordable housing as their principle charitable giving focus. The following approved guidelines, define the Chicago Association of REALTORS® Foundation priorities for charitable contributions:
- Homeownership, affordable housing, housing rehabilitation and homelessness initiatives, including organizations that provide services to underserved, low-income communities and at-risk youth, such as programs supporting basic and urgent human needs (food and shelter; health; family support, and education)
- NAR and Illinois REALTOR® Relief efforts, which are targeted to provide relief efforts during natural disasters; formal NAR and IR Community Service initiatives
- Limited charitable giving to a Chicago REALTORS® member or his/her family for emergencies, i.e. a tragic occurrence, such as an accident, severe illness, or death.
Non-Profit organizations requesting support should comply with the following criteria:
- Be recognized by the IRS as a 501 (c)3 organization other than a private foundation
- Not discriminate by age, race, religion, disability, gender or gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin or citizenship
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative stability
- Address specific community needs with measurable results, primarily in the Chicago Association of REALTORS®’ jurisdiction (optional)
- Have broad community support (optional)
- Requests for volunteer support for single event fundraisers will also be considered, if the event serves the community and/or will attract REALTOR® involvement (optional)
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® Foundation Charitable Giving Request applications will be accepted and considered quarterly, in conjunction with the regularly scheduled Chicago Association of REALTORS® Foundation meetings. Emergency situations may be considered by the Trustees between meetings. ContactJakeeva Leewith questions.